Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2019-12-26 Origin: Site
There are many types of glass bottles and jars, which can be divided into recycled bottles and non-recycled bottles according to the use condition; According to the manufacturing methods, they can be divided into molded bottles and tubed bottles; According to the use methods, they can be divided into food packaging bottles, medicine bottles, cosmetic bottles, wine bottles and so on. However, it can be generally classified into two categories: small-necked bottles and thick-necked bottles.
1. Small-necked glass bottle
Where the inner diameter of the bottle neck is below 30 mm, it is called a small-necked bottle, which is used to hold various liquid substances.
2. Thick-necked glass bottle
Bottles and jars with an inside diameter of more than 30 mm at the neck, which are used to hold block, powder and paste items.
Glass bottles and jars are traditional packaging containers in China, and glass is also a very historical packaging material. With the influx of many kinds of packaging materials into the market, glass containers still occupy an important position in packaging, which is inseparable from its packaging characteristics that other packaging materials cannot replace. According to different uses, various glass bottles and cans have their corresponding technical regulations. Generally, the following basic requirements should be met:
1. In term of quality of glass bottles and jars: Glass bottles and jars should be melted well and uniformly, and avoid defects such as stones, streaks and bubbles as much as possible. Colorless glass bottles should have high transparency, and colored glass bottles should be stable in color and able to absorb light waves of a certain wavelength.
2. In terms of physical and chemical properties: Glass bottles and jars should have certain chemical stability and cannot interact with the contents to affect its quality; it should have certain thermal stability and minimal damage rate; it should have certain mechanical strength and can withstand certain vibration and impact forces, pressure, etc.
3. In terms of forming quality: Glass bottles and jars should be formed according to a certain capacity, weight and shape, and there should be no defects such as distortion, uneven surface, cracks, and fullness; the glass must be uniformly distributed and not be too thin or too thick locally, especially the mouth should be smooth and flat to ensure sealing; and to ensure that it can withstand internal pressure during sterilization and other heating or cooling processes.